Ellen and I agreed that we would each go out to find contacts.
I agreed to find a DJ who would agree to participate in our documentary and Ellen agreed to find a lecturer or an music educator in the field of electronic music from SAE which is a school that is known for mainly teaching electronic music and other various techy mediums like game design and film.
In the mean time, we compiled a list of questions to ask the DJs.
- Did you have any instrumental lessons?
- Which musicians inspire you?
- How were you self-taught?
- Did you take elective music when you were at school?
- When did your musical journey start?
- What genre of music do you produce or play?
- When did you consider yourself a professional DJ?
- What is your DAW/software of choice and why?
- What do you perform with?
- How do you go about making your musical productions?
- How do you make different music blend? (cross fading, beat matching, Camelot system)